Colorado’s Front Range communities frequently experience severe hailstorms that can cause damage to roofing, siding, gutters, & windows. WestPro has completed thousands of roof inspections throughout Colorado.
What should I look for?
Size of hail: 1” Diameter (nickel size) hail or larger can easily cause damage to asphalt shingle roofs. This damage can vary depending on the age, type, and condition of the shingles.
Signs of damage from the ground. If you are finding significant number of shingle granules (similar to coarse sand) in your gutters or downspouts after a hailstorm, it is likely due to hail damage to your roof. If you can see dark, black, circular marks on the shingles, then you should immediately schedule a roof inspection.
What are the types of hail damage?
- Granule loss at points of impact, which may be accompanied by surface depression. Loss of mineral granules as an immediate or gradual consequence of storm damage can lead to the asphalt coating being directly exposed to the elements.
- Exposed fiberglass mat, where hail shattered the granule-asphalt surfacing causing it to break away from the fiberglass mat.
- Fractured fiberglass mat, which may or may not be immediately visible. A fractured mat may result in tears radiating out from the points of impact. Furthermore, hidden damage to the mat may later develop into cracks and tears in time as the shingles age.
- Loosening of the self-seal strip. This damage may or may not be immediately visible and may weaken the seal integrity, creating the possibility of future shingle blow-off.
Next Steps To Take
Get It Inspected
Schedule a free roof inspection with WestPro. We will perform a complete inspection, take measurements, and provide you with recommendations.
Get It Tarped
Severely hail damaged shingles or broken skylights may allow water to get in your home. WestPro technicians will secure temporary tarping over problem areas, keeping your house dry while you figure out your next move.
Get It Repaired
We will explain your repair options and determine if you have a valid homeowner’s insurance claim. If you do have valid claim, we will walk you through the insurance claim process, provide you with replacement options, and get to work on your behalf.
Questions about budget? WestPro offers convenient, in home financing for roof repairs or replacement.
Get a FREE QUOTE
Email Us . . . . . . . . . . . . OR . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Call us
Or Call Us
Here’s the plan!
- We’ll consult with you, by email or phone
- We will ask you a few questions and schedule an appointment.