What Is Hardiewrap® Weather Barrier Used For?
Hardiewrap® Weather Barrier
Hadiewrap® is a product made by James Hardie that acts as a weather barrier for the siding of your home. It is a durable, highly breathable, non-perforated, and reflective safe-glare foil wall barrier.
One of the most noticeable functions is that it stops excess moisture from getting through. This means that it gives your home an additional layer of defense against water intrusion.
When you buy a Hardiewrap® weather barrier you will get the following components:
- Weather barrier: makes your siding resistant to harsh exterior conditions.
- Pro-flashing and flex flashing: to prevent water intrusion.
- Seam Tape: to cover small holes hindering air and water infiltration.
- Engineered according to climate using HardieZone®
- Improves thermal performance of walls
- Lighter and easier to cut than many other foil wall barriers
- Low flammability making it fire and bushfire compliant
Benefits of Hardiewrap System
Besides protecting your home from the external weather penetration, internal condensation accumulation, and heat intrusion, this amazing product also offers the below benefits:
A foil wall barrier should always be part of getting new siding in Colorado, regardless of the brand. However, many products in the market allow too much moisture into your walls and eventually will break down easily when the same moisture is trapped on the surface. The result may require siding replacement.
When you combine this quality weather barrier with James Hardie fiber cement siding, it creates an amazingly robust cover against harsh exterior conditions. Plus, it also helps retain interior heat and optimizes your homes energy efficiency, saving energy costs.
Avoid Mold and Mildew Growth
With its breathable characteristics, this weather barrier lets moisture escape, preventing condensation that can lead to problems such as mold and mildew growth.
Want to add value to your home siding? Contact WestPro Roofing. We offer HardieWraps and other James Hardie products in Colorado.