Free Inspections and Advice
After a hail storm or any kind of storm that makes contact with your home, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry, in scheduling a roof inspection. Different types of roof shingles will display damage in various ways; mostly depending on the type of contact made. If you are curious more specifically with how hail can damage your roof, read more on our hail damage page.
How We Identify Damage To Your Roof for Any Shingle
Asphalt & Composition Shingles
- Asphalt or mat that appears shiny
- Impact marks soft to the touch and black in color
- Random imperfections with no distinguishable pattern
- Loss of granules, which exposes the underlying bitumen
- Split shingles
- Gray-colored marks
- Hail hits or dents along the splits
- Random imperfections with no discernible pattern
Checking for Hail Damage
In checking for hail damage, we make sure to use chalk to outline the affected areas and document our findings, so you the homeowner, has the information you need for making the right decision for you.[cta]
The Steps We Take
- We get on the roof in the middle of the day when the sun is overhead (this is important for properly diagnosing the damage).
- Starting on the South facing slope of your roof, we mark out a 10ft X 10ft area.
- Then we look for dark marks or other irregularities on the surface of the shingles. We then inspect the dark mark. If the granular is displaced, loose, or embedded in the asphalt layer beneath it, it is likely from hail damage.
- Next, we test the strength of the shingles, by pushing a thumb into the dark mark to feel for slight softness. If the shingle gives a little bit, then it is a hail bruise.
- Then, we count all the hail damage marks inside of the outlined 10×10 area. If there are over 8 marks, then a conversation with your insurance provider should be in order.
- To ensure our inspection fully vets any and all damage to the roof, we repeat steps 2-5 to confirm damage on at least 3 of the 4 sides of the roof.
Trust Us to Get the Job Done
There are a lot of key factors for getting your roof properly inspected and diagnosed. You can lean on our dedicated and knowledgeable team to provide an in-depth explanation of your claims process, what is covered, what is excluded, and also how to prevent you from spending more than unnecessarily, out-of-pocket. Our team has substantial experience with a highly regarded reputation for identifying and repairing roofs. We also go the extra mile to make sure that everything relating to your insurance claim questions and our advice is clearly and specifically clarified so you can make the right decision, as it relates to filing for an insurance claim.
We have created our Insurance Claims Guide to be a resource. Please feel free to download it here. Give us a call anytime at (303) 834-9236, we’d be happy to help with all your roofing and insurance claims needs.